In case anyone is interested, I recently ran across this site. It's got a ton of really nice textures. From what I could tell, this gentleman goes out and shoots stuff with his digital camera and will even take requests. People can also contribute texture.
Be aware, you're limited to 15MB per day, which is not unreasonable.http://www.cgtextures.com/
Conditions of Use
Use of the Textures is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Private or commercial use
- Use in 2D or 3D computer graphics, movies and printed media
- Incorporation in computer games, 3D models
- Selling 3D models bundled with modified versions of the textures
It is NOT permitted to:
- Interfere with the security or otherwise abuse, disrupt, place excessive loads on, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the CGTextures website or any system resources or networks connected to this website.
- Mass download all Textures and other materials on the CGTextures website, with the goal to make a local copy of the website. Users who try to mass download will be banned from the website automatically.
- Sell or distribute any of these textures in an unmodified form, or where the derived product you are selling or distributing is a Texture or a collection of Textures. (Exceptions to this clause can be made with regards to texture packs for games or 'game mods' if you have written consent from CGTextures.)